Welcome to the IDX Home Search Help Center
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE CAN HELP!
Here you will find all our information resources to help you best use your IDX Home Search service. Still stuck? Feel free to e-mail us or call (904) 800-1811!
(Desktop computer recommended for this process.)
Open your Account Overview page in a new tab by clicking here, then follow the steps listed below.
- 1. Select Your MLS
- 2. Allow Permissions
- 3. Create Your Business Page
- 4. Select Your Page
- 5. Choose Post Frequency
STEP 1: Connect To Your MLS
Connect to your MLS by completing the form in the home search service tab. Be sure to click “Submit and Continue.”
STEP 2: Allow Permissions
In order to complete your Home Search entry page set up, we need to get access to your Facebook pages. Please click the “Allow Permissions” button shown above to grant us this access.
STEP 3: Create Your Business Page
Next you will be prompted to create a Facebook business page or it will move you on to the next step.
STEP 4: Select Your Page
Select your primary Facebook business page, then select which of your pages on which to put the home search tab. Click “Save Page Selections.”
STEP 5: Choose Post Frequency
Choose how often you want posts to automatically appear on your Business Page. You can choose up to 4 times per month.
How do I create a Facebook page?
You can create your business page in just a few quick steps. View a step-by-step guide about How to Create Your Facebook Business Page here or follow the instructions below:
- Click Here to start creating your Facebook business page.
- Select ‘Local Business or Place.’
- Select your business’ category (e.g. Real Estate) and fill in your business information, including your business name, street address, city and state, zip code and telephone number. Check the box that says ‘I agree to Facebook Pages Terms’ and click the blue ‘Get Started’ button.
- Upload a profile picture for your Facebook business page. Click on ‘Upload From Computer’ if you are uploading a picture located on your computer or mobile device. Click on ‘Import From Website’ if you are uploading your picture from the Internet.
- After your profile picture has uploaded, click the ‘Next’ button.
- Fill in biography information including a description of your business and your website link. Adding this information improves the ranking of your page in search. Indicate whether your page will represent a real establishment, business or venue by selecting ‘Yes’ or ‘No.’ Click ‘Save Info’ to continue.
- Select ‘Skip’ enabling ads.
- You have completed building your Facebook business page. Learn more about how to manage your Facebook business page by clicking here.
Want a Facebook Business Page created without any hassle? Contact us about our Page Create service today!
How to cancel IDX Home Search?
Contact customer service at [email protected] or 904-800-1811 (M-F 9am-5pm EST)You can remain a member of the Real Estate Agent Directory at no charge.
You can still register for IDX Home Search even if your MLS is pending. If you order the service in advance of MLS activation, your credit card will NOT be charged until your market becomes live. We will notify you in advance via email and through Facebook notifications once your MLS market becomes available. There are no contracts, and you can cancel at any time. Upon MLS activation, you will be notified by email.
How do I pin a post with a link to my home search on my business page?
To bring more awareness to your home search, pin the most recent promotional post that includes a link to your search to the top of your Facebook business page. To pin a post, click on the ellipsis in the top right hand corner and select “Pin to Top” from the dropdown menu. If you have a post that does not already include a link to your home search, simply select “Edit Post” from the drop down menu and edit the text to include your link.
How do to manage my Facebook business page?
Manage your Facebook page by analyzing insights, adding content to your page such as wall posts, photos, albums, and more. Access your business page by clicking the Facebook icon in the upper right-hand corner of Facebook. On the left-hand side of your Facebook home page you will see ‘Pages.’ Click on your page to view and manage it.Make sure you have added Directory tabs to your business page to make the most of your Real Estate Agent Directory’s membership.
Learn more about how to manage your Facebook business page here.
How do I send a welcome message to new fans with a link to my home search tab?
When connecting with new fans, send them a personalized message thanking them for being a fan of your page. Make sure to include a link to your home search tab in your welcome message, letting them know that they can search for available homes in your MLS right from your page.
To see who has recently liked your business page, go to your Activity Log and look at your Recent Notifications. View a complete list of your page fans by clicking the small orange icon next to a page like notification.