Facebook recently changed page security settings which had unintended consequences for some Facebook application users including the Real Estate Agent Directory on Facebook. This change affected about 5% of our members from being able to properly display their Agent Profile in the Directory and on their Facebook business page.If your profile was affected by these changes and therefore until you change these restrictions, the app will NOT work for you.
Facebook is aware of the problem it caused and is looking into it; however it is not known when this issue will be fixed.
In the meantime, you can fix the problem yourself in just a few steps as follows:
1. Go to your Facebook business page that you linked to your Directory profile.
2. From your page, click Edit Page and Manage Permissions.
3. Make sure your Age and Country Restrictions on your Facebook business page are set to 13+ and that there is no country restriction. Make sure no country is entered into the Country Restrictions box, and that the Age Restrictions box says ‘Anyone (13+).
4. Save your settings by clicking the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Test to see if the changes worked and your Agent profile will display properly.
1. Go to your Facebook business page that you have installed the apps.
2. Click any of the apps to make sure they are display and are working properly. If the apps display properly without the error message, you have fixed the problem!
If and when Facebook fixes this problem, we will notify you so that you can reset your Country and Age restrictions without negatively affecting the use of your Directory app.